Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby-Step in the Kitchen

Yesterday I spent about 30 minutes unloading the dishwasher, reloading and subsequently scrubbing the counters and sink from all the dirty dishes that had been left on/in them.

It got me thinking...

So I sorted out one plate, flat bottomed bowl and small bowl per person (as well as a set for guests) along with one large cup, one juice cup and a mug.



The cupboard already looks cleaner, even with the extra dishes stacked up on the highest shelf (in case we need them for guests). Each family member will be responsible for cleaning his or her own dishes after every meal, no more stacking dishes in the sink or letting the clean dishwasher sit clean and unloaded until there are no clean dishes left. I'm considering downsizing the silverware as well, but I'll see how this babystep goes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment